Monday, January 13, 2014

The End of A Chapter

Four years ago, I was given the opportunity to fulfill a dream of mine, to play guitar professionally in a touring band.  From the time I began playing music some ten years earlier, this was my goal.  So, when two guys named Dave and Ben presented me with this chance to tour the country sharing the hope and love of Jesus through music, I gladly accepted.  While I still do love to play music, and have no intent on stopping, I find that the Lord is prompting me in another direction.  A direction that allows me to spend a lot more time at home with my family. Through much prayer and searching, Michelle and I believe the best thing for our family right now is for me to step away from Sidewalk Prophets.  While I know and trust this is right, I will definitely miss a lot of the things that have gone into these last four years. 

First and foremost, I will miss the guys that I have had the privilege to live life alongside.  Justin, Cal, Ben, Dave, Matt, Ryan, and Mike B you guys have inspired me, pushed me, made me laugh, and been there when times were tough.  You all mean very much to me and while I know our stories together will continue, I recognize it will not be the same.  Always know that I love you each and will dearly miss our days together.

Secondly, I will miss our extended touring family.  From crew guys, to bus drivers, to road managers, to artists, you have left your imprint on my life and I thank you for that.  You and your families will all remain in my prayers, as I know firsthand how difficult it can be.
            
Lastly, I will miss the fans.  Your stories have inspired me, and your prayers have kept me going when the days were long and the travel exhausting.  Thank you.
            
As this chapter ends, I thank God for the friendships made, and the experiences had.  While the title of the next chapter has yet to be written, I will continue to pursue God and the calling He has for my life.  I know things will not be easy, but I am holding tight to the words of the Apostle Paul, “we know that for those who love God all things work together for good” (Romans 8:28).  I thank each and every one of you for the memories that I take with me. 



(Photo by Matt Hadley)

No comments:

Post a Comment